A Tropical Bucket List: Top 10 Things to Do in Jaco, Costa Rica
There are no age restrictions on bucket lists anymore as couples, families, and even kids are beginning to compile lists of things to do in their lifetime. Similarly, making a bucket list for an upcoming vacation is an easy, fun way to learn more about the destination. Selecting ten of the best things to do in Jaco, Costa Rica, can be quite challenging because there are dozens of ultra-popular, quintessential tropical activities worth trying here at Croc’s Resort & Casino. Yes, our all-inclusive resort is home to a dazzling Las Vegas-style casino, but don’t forget that our team of friendly, knowledgeable concierges can arrange just about any tropical activity imaginable.
The 10 Best Things to Do in Jaco, Costa Rica
To ensure that your well-deserved, long-awaited tropical escape to Jaco Beach is nothing short of flawless, we’ve compiled a handy list of our favorite things to do in Jaco, Costa Rica. Hopefully, this fun Costa Rica bucket list gives you a “taste” of what we offer here at Croc’s Resort & Casino.
- Watch a Sunset from Your Private Balcony — Croc’s Resort & Casino is ideally situated along west-facing Jaco Beach, so you’ll be greeted by a heartwarming sunset every evening. Many of our elegant, modern accommodations feature balconies that overlook the Pacific Ocean. The sunsets here are an awe-inspiring blend of honey, violet, sandstone, and azure.
- Snorkel on Isla Tortuga — A day-trip to Isla Tortuga ranks among the top things to do in Jaco, Costa Rica, primarily because you won’t find a more beautiful destination to snorkel. This crystal-clear water is teeming with angelfish, needlefish, porcupinefish, moray eels, spotted eagle rays, and many more friendly underwater creatures.
- Spend a Day on Jaco Beach — Not only is Jaco Beach a pristine, visually-striking paradise, but there’s ample space to relax, swim, and try a variety of activities. Guests can sunbathe, throw a Frisbee, read a book, paint a sunset, and jog—the possibilities are seemingly endless!
- Las Vegas-Style Casino Gaming — Croc’s Resort is proud to be one of the only Costa Rica casinos that provides Las Vegas-style gaming. We have over 150 dazzling slot machines and a wide variety of card tables on our casino floor.
- Enjoy Fresh-Caught Seafood at Adacus — Guests are urged to enjoy an elegant, ocean-view dining experience at Adacus, our four-star Mediterranean-style restaurant. Savor a gorgeously-plated entree, such as cognac butter shrimp or roasted salmon, with a bottle of award-winning vino.
- Sip on a Signature Cocktail While Poolside — Our lavish, lively pool area is a tropical haven, regardless of the time of day. Sip on a fruity signature cocktail with your toes in the water or on a comfy couch. We’re partial to an after-dark nightcap under the stars, especially on a clear evening—our pool features Jaco nightlife at its finest.
- Observe Scarlet Macaws in Their Natural Habitat — A trip into the nearby Carara National Park remains one of the most popular things to do in Jaco, Costa Rica, as the Tarcoles River is home to a thriving scarlet macaw population. These colorful beauties are endangered, but over 200 couples breed in this sanctuary.
- Splash Underneath a Towering Waterfall — There are dozens of jaw-dropping waterfalls in the region, most notably El Encanto Waterfall and Nauyaca Waterfalls. Several guided tours visit many of the most magical (and secluded) waterfalls in Costa Rica. Nothing beats soaking underneath a rushing waterfall in the middle of a lush rainforest.
- Relax with Spa Treatments — Tropical vacations, especially to one of the top-rated Jaco Beach hotels, should be equally relaxing and rejuvenating. So, we partnered with Carara Spa & Salon, located right here at Croc’s Resort & Casino. Spa treatments range from deep-tissue massages to chocolate body wraps.
- Learn How to Surf — Jaco Beach’s warm, mid-sized waves are ideal for those aiming to learn how to surf. We partner with the area’s most patient, skilled surfing guides.
Todo Incluido Costa Rica
After trying a handful of these marvelous things to do in Jaco, Costa Rica, retreat to Croc’s Resort & Casino for fine dining, a sunset stroll, and a bit of Jaco Beach nightlife. To book a well-deserved, all-inclusive tropical escape to Costa Rica, please give us a call today at 1-800-809-5506.